I started having what I thought was cramps late morning. My amazing best friend, Michelle was over and convinced me they were contratctions. They started coming every 5-7 minutes and Joey made me go to the hospital. I still wasn't totally convinced I was in labor. Once I got checked in, they checked me and I was dilated to an 8! Gratefully my water didn't break for about 4 or 5 more hours, so I was able to get my epidural. Hallelujah! It took a while for it to work and I ended up having to push the boost button 3 times, cause he was pushing on my hip and I was in excruciating pain. My dr. decided to finally break my water, but as I was getting in the oh so lovely stir-ups, it broke itself. 2 pushes and he was out. Probably my easiest one! Surprising cause he was so huge.
It was nice to stay in the hospital for 2 days. Relaxing. Joey was off for a couple days then my mom came up for quite a few days and helped out a ton! Thanks mom!
Right after he was born. Skin to skin contact was awesome. This was the first time they've offered it. Don't mind how pretty I look!

Being weighed

Getting a bath about an hour after he was born.

The nurses were all dying about how big he was. It was funny, cause they took him in the nursery and Joey said they placed him next to a baby girl that weighed 5 lbs. 3 oz. Half his size....kinda funny!

Big brother Rocky holding Ryker

Big brother Tres holding Ryker

Grandma Carol holding Ryker

Being weighed
Getting a bath about an hour after he was born.
The nurses were all dying about how big he was. It was funny, cause they took him in the nursery and Joey said they placed him next to a baby girl that weighed 5 lbs. 3 oz. Half his size....kinda funny!
Big sister Ellie holding Ryker that night.
Big brother Rocky holding Ryker
Big brother Tres holding Ryker
Grandma Carol holding Ryker
Look at that hair! And it's so blonde!! Everybody loved it. Oh, and he has about 2 in. of hair on his ears. :)
Ode to Michelle: Thanks so much for being the most amazing friend ever! Cleaning my house from top to bottom, including my gross bathrooms. Now, thats a true friend. Doing my laundry, organizing my basement and the rest of my house. Painting the Ellies room. Taking my kids for 2 days. Doing sooo much all while I was in the hospital! I love you. Thanks.


3 comments:
Congrats hes adorable just like his siblings =0
You, my awesome daughter, are such a good mother!! I love being able to be around you and help where I can. Love you, Mom
Congratulations! He's a doll. I LOVE all that blonde hair. Give him snuggles from us.
Post a Comment