CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Good News, Bad News

I finally called on my glucose test, I don't have Gestational Diabetes. Yeah!!!

Bad news, I took Tres and Ellie to the dentist yesterday for a check-up. Loved the office-thanks Jennie. The kids did amazing, except for the last 5 min. Tres just needed his bottom teeth cleaned and looked at by the dentist. For some reason he started freaking out! Like, flayling(sp?) arms and legs. Scratching and screaming. We had to go into another room where they could shut the doors and we had to hold him down while they finished. He has stuff that needs to be done. I feel like a horrible mother. So we have to sedate him to get it all done. Not cool at all.

Plus we have to pay the anesthesiologist that day. Which could be upwards of $300. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I guess on the upside of things, Ellie did amazing and she has no cavities. Tres did awesome too, until the end. I thought I was going to get away with no problems. Oh well!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad! Definitely something I'm not looking forward to with Sierra.

Jennie said...

I always feel like a lousy mom when my kids need work done. Luckily (or inluckily) my boys LOVE having silver teeth! Yuck. At least they will all fall out. I love that dentist. They are all so nice and very kid friendly. I can watch Ellie when you take Tres in, if you need! Glad you don't have Gestational Diabetes! Yay!!

Joe(y) Speredon said...

I wonder if Jennie will still want to watch Ellie when she finds out the appt is at 6 a.m. :) I think we do a great job with Tres on dental hygiene. There's only so much you can do when your kid is addicted to chocolate and sugar.

Glenn Amber Evans said...

Yah so im not looking forward to that but that is good that they did so well.. I loved your pictures of your girls night out. Your family does alot of fun things.

Michelle said...

I need to take Luke in too. I am a little nervous. My friend here is going to try out a dentist and let me know. Don't feel bad. It isn't your fault. Some people just have a harder time with their teeth. I am sure that there was no negligence on your part. I just hope that the boys get my genes when it comes to teeth. Jake has had so much work done. No cavaties-ever- for me. I know that I was just genetically blessed.

Jen said...

It happens to the best of us, my friend. We try to make them brush, encourage them to floss (I don't think Cody has flossed for 6 months), and maintain the sugar intake. We bribe Cody and tell him if he goes without a cavity for a year, we will pay him $20. Hey, it's better than paying a huge-normous dentist bill!

I'm so glad you don't have gestational diabetes! I have friend who just found out she has it. It's the pits!

Jennie said...

Hey...I'm home at 6 am! Let me know if you need me!!

The Bliss Family said...

I felt horrible when Simon had to be sedated for his dental work. They were just little tiny fillings, but I still felt bad. So, don't worry! It looks like there are a lot of us that know how you feel. Good luck with his appointment. He'll be just fine!