Tres had a dentist appt. Thursday which was at 6 in the a.m.! Bless her heart, Jennie babysat Ellie for me and let me drop her off at 5:40! I did pay her in treats-hope you enjoyed. :)
He did have to be sedated because he doesn't do well getting his teeth worked on. So they gave him a prize basket to look through (on my lap) to distract him while they gave him a shot to make him go in lala land. It only took a few minutes. It really freaked me out cause he looked like he was awake but not there. And his eyes did this weird bouncy thing. It was all normal, just awful to see him like that. They carried him to the back and gave him an I.V. and then sedated him. I was fighting back tears for about 10 min. I just felt so bad for my boy! The whole thing only took about 45 min.
They came and got me to be with him while he recovered. Which took only another 45 min. This is what I came to.
Resting on a bean bag with a finger monitor.
They told me when he woke up he'd be dizzy for about an hour. When he did wake up enough to sit up, he was wobbly. Thats when he told me he was wiggly. I guess thats his description of dizziness. It was so cute! He kept saying it over and over. You could tell the numbness was weird for him cause he kept playing with his tongue.
He did so AWESOME! I'm too embarrassed to say how many cavities he had, I just need to do better I guess.
This is him at home when he's still "wiggly." Cuddling with his puppy.


12 comments:
Poor little guy!
Even when I had to go a second time for a different son, I still had to fight tears as they took him from me. It's traumatic. As I read this whole thing and saw the pic of him on the bean bag, it just brought back both experiences. Our toothbrushing has had to get better to keep mom from going through that again!! Did he get silver teeth? My boys think it's a badge of honor to have silver teeth. Not so, my dears!! And we loved having Ellie!!
What a cute way to describe it. I love how kids' minds work. I hope he is feeling better now that he isn't wiggly anymore.
I'm wiggly too, but for different reasons. My rear wiggles when I walk and my arm fat wiggles when I wave.
We bribe Cody with money if he doesn't have any cavaties for a whole year! So far he has been cavaty free for two years!
Jen's comment is hilarious.
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Ya know what I think? It's just genetics. Some kids are just more prone to cavaties than others. And we have NO DENTAL. And for that reason, I'm so glad Levi hasn't had any cavaties. We can BARELY afford the cleanings. It's ridiculous. Now they want to put sealants on his teeth. It's 34dollars a tooth and he needs 4 of them! IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!
One more thing to help you feel better about cavities:
My mom never taught us to brush our teeth at night. I barely remember brushing them at all and we certainly never went to the dentist. We had no money. I never got a cavity until I was 19 years old. And to this day I've only had three and the dentist always comments on how great my enamel is and teeth are (Ya know, besides them being totally crooked). So you see? It's just genetic. My oldest sister is 40 and she hasn't had one cavity in her entire life. And she brags about it ALL OF THE TIME.
We have been brushing Luke's teeth since the first one cut. I think that I can safely say the 85% of the time he got them brushed morning and night. And as you know he got a cavity. Isn't it so horrible for a mom though. Don't feel bad.
Kate had a little run-in this weekend that ended up with her being sedated as well. She was "wiggly" all day, and it was so funny to watch! I'm glad they recover okay.
It is so hard to get kids to brush their teeth! Chett needs to brush his more often. I just get tired of the fight! My dentist said at this age you just have to hold them down and do it. That part of being a mom is not so fun!
Cute new background. I almost picked that one. I thought it was too girly for two little boys. But super cute.
That poor little guy! That picture of him on the couch is so sweet. It's true, genetics definitely plays a huge role! Simon's dentist told me that he will probably have cavities his whole life, just because of the way his teeth are shaped. He has huge crevases in his molars that hold in the food. Also, since his mom and dad both have really weak teeth...he doesn't hold much hope. I asked him if there was anything I could do to prevent it. He said don't give them raisins, bananas, fruit snacks, any sweets, and brush his teeth every time he eats something...yeah right! Like that's possible. Good luck though! It's good to know that I'm not the only one fighting the up hill battle. :O)
Post a Comment