CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

1 Year!

It's officially one year today that we've lived in our house. I LOVE having a home, and a place to call our own. Little by little its coming together. With our grass in our front yard, and pictures hanging on the walls. It feels like home. I love when we've been gone for a few days and come home and it still smells like a brand new house. We're really enjoying it up "north." I love that its part country-party city. And especially having two wonderful sisters who only live 15 min. away either direction! We love our ward and have felt so welcome. Making friends is hard, but were trying and hopefully succeeding. :) We don't plan on moving for really long time, if ever. So we have a while to get things done. Joey definitely has more ambition than I do. He helps push me to do more. He hates clutter! Its nice when he cleans things out, and I don't have to. I tend to be a patrack, but he's slowly changing me. We've become better at keeping our house nicer, since its ours and its new. So heres to many more years to come in our lovely abode!

as a side note: i went to the dr. thursday. the baby weighed 15 oz. and he was supposed to be about 9 oz. wish me luck with this one. hopefully i don't have gestational diabetes, we'll find out in about 6 weeks.

9 comments:

Jennie said...

Congrats on one year down. We love it here, too. You have a very sweet family and we are glad you're here!

On the baby front...my boys were always HUGE! I would just say "we make 'em big at our house" when I got those stares and ogling. (the problem was, I was huge too! You aren't!) You can use it if you want.

Jen said...

You have definitely made friends in your ward! Count me as one!

I'm so jealous that your hubby likes to have things clean and organized! Send him over please.

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! We have lived here for almost 11 years! Our old house was in your old ward, before the split. We built our current house 6 years ago. We loved the area so much we didn't want to move to another ward. Basicaly, we have lived in the same ward the whole 11 years.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the one year anniversary! I'm so jealous you have a brand new, beautiful home. If I could get Evan to move up north, we'd be there in an instance!

Mama Bear said...

Yeah for being in your house for a year! For us it has been 9 months, it goes by SO fast doesn't it? Tony and I were talking about it earlier this week actually that we are surprised we don't do more things with you guys; we'll have to change that this summer. As far as GD, I hope you don't have it either. Konner was always measuring big until about 30 weeks and no GD here so hopefully things level out for your little man!

Julie said...

Happy anniversary, for the house and your marriage- I'm a slacker. The grass looks great, by the way.

Michelle said...

I am glad that you are making friends...just don't replace us!! We are trying to get back there. Miss you tons. Hoping you and the big guy are doing okay. Remember, he is a Speredon, so he is probably just big...that is supposed to be a comfort. Well, anyway. Lots of Love.

Joe(y) Speredon said...

Michelle, Are you talking about me or the baby? And are you insulting me or complimenting me? :)

Hollyween said...

Ha! Joe's comment is funny.
Sarah, you're a doll. I have really enjoyed getting to know you and your sunny aura. Do you like how I just used the word aura? It's not the exact word I was looking for, but what the heck.

Good luck with the baby and the whole GD thingy. If you DO have it, it's not the end of the world. It's managable and you have great friends that can help you along the way.

It was fun seeing you today. You look darling as always.

Michelle said...

I'll leave it up to interpretation. :)