I'm stuck in a rut! We eat the same things week after week. Granted, we are on a budget so were a little limited. But I want anyone out there who has good recipes, for not too much, to give them to me. PLEASE!
I'm always dirt poor when I go to the store too. Especially lately. It seems like the store prices are INSANE as of late!! I got two: 3 frozen (or fresh) chicken breasts 1 jar Pace salsa Heat in crockpot all day with a little bit of water that you rinsed out the salsa jar with. Shred chicken right before eating and serve on tortillas with cheese, sour cream and lettuce. DELISH! And cheap. I just made it tonight and it's a favorite.
One more easy one: 1 jar spaghetti sauce 1 # hamburger 1 can of corn 2 Cups dry macaroni noodles. Cook noodles while meat is cooking in separate pan. Drain grease off meat, add jar of spaghetti sauce and drained corn. Add noodles. Put in 9x13 pan. Top with cheddar cheese. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes. It's Levi's FAVE. We call it Italian Goolash. Ask him. He'll tell you how much he loves it.
Tell your husband to join choir!!! HE has a couple weeks before it starts up to think about it but we need some more guys!
Hi Sarah! Ok here are a few I like that are easy and cheap.
Navajo Tacos: I buy a bag of Rhodes Dough (that way you can freeze what you don't use). Take however many out and let them thaw. flatten them out and fry in your choice of oil. (They puff up like a scone, only flat!)
Then top with Chili, shredded lettuce, cheese, and salsa.
They are so good, and kids have fun eating them too.
Joey and I were married June 6, 2003. Tres was born Dec. 2004. We were sealed as a family Oct. 7, 2006 and Ellie was born Nov. 7-one month later! Rock joined our family on Oct. 19 2008. And Ryker came February 12, 2011....making us officially done! We like to hang out and play with our friends. We of course love to watch football, especially BYU football!!!
5 comments:
I have some. I will post them on my blog. They are even new ones you havn't tried.
I have some. I will post them on my blog. They are even new ones you havn't tried.
I'm always dirt poor when I go to the store too. Especially lately. It seems like the store prices are INSANE as of late!!
I got two:
3 frozen (or fresh) chicken breasts
1 jar Pace salsa
Heat in crockpot all day with a little bit of water that you rinsed out the salsa jar with. Shred chicken right before eating and serve on tortillas with cheese, sour cream and lettuce. DELISH! And cheap. I just made it tonight and it's a favorite.
One more easy one:
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 # hamburger
1 can of corn
2 Cups dry macaroni noodles.
Cook noodles while meat is cooking in separate pan. Drain grease off meat, add jar of spaghetti sauce and drained corn. Add noodles.
Put in 9x13 pan. Top with cheddar cheese. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.
It's Levi's FAVE. We call it Italian Goolash. Ask him. He'll tell you how much he loves it.
Tell your husband to join choir!!! HE has a couple weeks before it starts up to think about it but we need some more guys!
Hi Sarah! Ok here are a few I like that are easy and cheap.
Navajo Tacos: I buy a bag of Rhodes Dough (that way you can freeze what you don't use). Take however many out and let them thaw. flatten them out and fry in your choice of oil. (They puff up like a scone, only flat!)
Then top with Chili, shredded lettuce, cheese, and salsa.
They are so good, and kids have fun eating them too.
Hope that helps.
The other thing I make that my husband loves is my homemade fried rice. I make it with brown rice, but either kind will work.
2-4 cups rice (Add twice as much water- I think, double check that)
Then when that is finished cooking, fry up 3-4 eggs, scrambled style. (Set aside)
Buy a mixed bag of carrots and peas..cook then drain and set aside.
Chop up ham, or chicken breasts into large cubes and fry. (Either one is good)
Add it all together in a large skillet and fry together. Add soy sauce to taste, and a little bit of garlic.
Post a Comment